Report on "Story Telling: Story Behind the Selfie"
Day & Date : Thursday, 11th May 2023
Venue : Seminar Hall, DYPIMED.
Time : 3.00pm to 5.00pm
No. of Participants: 31
The “Story Telling: Story Behind the Selfie” event held at the D.Y. Patil Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (DYPIMED) Seminar Hall on May 11, 2023, was a captivating and insightful session focused on the art of storytelling through the lens of selfies. This unique event aimed to explore the narratives, emotions, and personal stories that lie behind the selfies we capture daily in the digital age.
The objectives of the “Story Telling: Story Behind the Selfie” event were as follows:
- Encourage participants to explore the narratives and emotions behind their selfies, recognizing that every image tells a story.
- Provide a platform for students to express themselves creatively through storytelling and self-reflection.
- Promote empathy by sharing personal stories and experiences, fostering a sense of connection and understanding among participants.
- Develop participants’ storytelling skills, emphasizing the importance of narrative structure, emotion, and engagement.
The “Story Telling: Story Behind the Selfie” event provided participants with several valuable learning outcomes:
- Students learned to explore and appreciate the narratives and emotions behind the selfies they capture daily, recognizing the power of storytelling in personal expression.
- The event served as a platform for creative self-expression, allowing participants to share personal stories and experiences through their selfies.
- Through sharing and listening to others’ stories, students developed a sense of empathy and connection, fostering a deeper understanding of their peers.
- Participants honed their storytelling skills, acquiring techniques for crafting engaging and emotionally resonant narratives.
The “Story Telling: Story Behind the Selfie” event at DYPIMED Seminar Hall on May 11, 2023, was a thought-provoking and insightful exploration of the narratives and emotions captured within the realm of selfies. It successfully achieved its objectives of narrative exploration, self-expression, empathy and connection, and storytelling skills development.
The event encouraged students to view selfies as more than just images but as windows into personal stories and emotions. By sharing and listening to these stories, participants deepened their understanding of themselves and their peers, fostering a sense of connection and empathy. Such events contribute to a well-rounded education that goes beyond academics, nurturing creativity, empathy, and the art of storytelling among students.