Report on Rangoli Competition
Day & Date : Monday, April 17, 2023
Venue : Seminar Hall, (DYPIMED)
Time : 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
The Rangoli Competition held at the D.Y. Patil Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (DYPIMED) Seminar Hall on April 17, 2023, was a colorful and artistic event that celebrated the traditional Indian art form of Rangoli. Organized by the DYPIMED Cultural Committee, this competition provided a platform for students to showcase their creativity, cultural appreciation, and artistic skills.
The objectives of the Rangoli Competition were as follows:
- Celebrate and promote the rich Indian heritage and tradition of Rangoli, preserving and passing down cultural practices.
- Provide students with a creative outlet to express themselves through intricate designs and vibrant colors, encouraging artistic expression.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration among participants, as many worked in groups, highlighting the importance of cooperation in artistry.
The Rangoli Competition provided participants with numerous valuable learning outcomes:
- Students learned to appreciate the cultural significance of Rangoli as a traditional Indian art form, deepening their connection with their cultural heritage.
- Engaging in the competition allowed students to express their artistic abilities and creativity through the medium of Rangoli, enhancing their artistic skills.
- Those who worked in groups learned the value of teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication while creating their Rangolis.
The Rangoli Competition at DYPIMED Seminar Hall on April 17, 2023, was a colorful and culturally enriching event that successfully achieved its objectives of promoting traditional art, fostering creativity, teamwork, and aesthetic sensibility among students. It also served as a platform for students to express their artistic talents and connect with their cultural heritage through the beautiful and intricate designs of Rangoli.
This competition exemplified the commitment of DYPIMED to holistic education, emphasizing the importance of preserving cultural traditions and promoting artistic expression alongside academic pursuits. It is anticipated that future editions of the Rangoli Competition will continue to celebrate the artistic diversity and cultural appreciation of DYPIMED students.