Report on Interpersonal Skills Session
Location : Seminar Hall
Participants : MBA / MCA
Speaker : Prof Komal Budhawani
Interpersonal skills are crucial for MBA students, as they are future leaders and managers in the business world. Recognizing the significance of effective interpersonal skills in their professional journey, a skill development session was organized for MBA students at [Name of the Business School]. The session aimed to equip the students with the necessary interpersonal skills to build strong professional relationships, lead teams, and excel in their managerial roles.
The primary objectives of the Interpersonal Skills Session were:
- To emphasize the importance of interpersonal skills in the context of business management and leadership.
- To help MBA students understand various components of interpersonal skills, such as communication, active listening, empathy, and conflict resolution.
- To provide practical tips and strategies for enhancing interpersonal skills in both personal and professional settings.
- To encourage self-awareness and self-reflection, fostering personal growth and improvement in communication and relationship-building abilities.
The Interpersonal Skills Session spanned 2 hours and covered the following key topics:
- Introduction to Interpersonal Skills:
– Defining interpersonal skills and their relevance in the business and managerial context.
– Explaining how strong interpersonal skills contribute to effective leadership and successful teamwork.
- Communication and Active Listening:
– Highlighting the importance of clear and assertive communication in business interactions.
– Discussing the art of active listening and its role in understanding others’ perspectives and needs.
- Empathy and Emotional Intelligence:
– Exploring the concept of empathy and its impact on building trust and rapport.
– Introducing the concept of emotional intelligence and its significance in managing emotions in oneself and others.
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
– Understanding the different types of conflicts that may arise in business settings.
– Providing strategies for resolving conflicts and negotiating win-win solutions.
- Building and Managing Relationships:
– Exploring techniques for building and maintaining professional relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
– Discussing the challenges of managing relationships in diverse and multicultural environments.
- Leadership and Team Management:
– Discussing the role of interpersonal skills in effective leadership and team management.
– Encouraging students to apply interpersonal skills to motivate and inspire their team members.
- Practical Exercises and Role-plays:
– Conducting interactive activities, role-plays, and group discussions to practice various interpersonal skills.
– Providing feedback and insights to students to help them improve their communication and relationship-building abilities.