As part of the MBA curriculum designed by Savitribai Phule Pune University, students are required to choose a specialization in Semester II. Dr. D. Y Patil Institute of Management & Entrepreneur Development, Talegaon, Pune offers the following MBA specializations.
The Following Specializations Shall be Offered as Major/ Minor :
- Marketing Management (MKT)
- Finance Management (FIN)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Operations & Supply Chain Management (OSCM))
- Business Analytics (BA)
The Following Specializations Shall be Offered Only as Minor Specializations :
- Rural & Agribusiness Management (RABM)
- Pharma & Healthcare Management (PHM)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)
- International Business Management (IB)
1. Institutes may offer ONLY SELECT specializations based on industry needs, faculty strength & competencies, student demands, employability potential, etc.
2. Institutes MAY NOT offer a specialization if a minimum of 20% of students are not registered for that specialization.
3. The Institute MAY NOT offer an elective course if a minimum of 20% of students are not registered for that elective course.
1. Learners who intend to learn specific courses from other specialization(s) can opt for Subject Elective (SE – IL) courses from other specializations in lieu of the Subject Elective (SE – IL) courses from their native specialization.
2. These open electives MAY BE from two different specializations.
3. Open Electives can be opted for only in Sem III and Sem IV.
4. Students can opt for maximum 1 Subject Elective (SE – IL) course in Sem III and Sem IV each. i.e. Students can opt for maximum 2 Open Electives (total 4 credits).
Major Specialization + Minor Specialization Combination:
1. For a Major + Minor Specialization combination the learner shall complete
a) Major Specialization – Courses: Total 9 (4 Subject Core courses and 5 Subject Elective courses)
b) Minor Specialization – Courses: Total 4 (2 Subject Core courses and 2 Subject Elective courses)
2. For a Major + Minor Specialization combination the learner shall earn
a) Major Specialization – Credits: Total 22 (12 Credits from Subject Core + Minimum 10 Credits from Subject Electives)
b) Minor Specialization – Credits: Total 10 (6 Credits from Subject Core + Minimum 4 Credits from Subject Electives)
3. The 10 credits of the MINOR specialization shall be from a single specialization, out of which 6 credits shall be mandatorily earned through the Subject Core Courses.
4. The Major + Minor specialization combination is OPTIONAL.
5. Students shall be permitted to opt for ANY Major + ANY Minor specialization combination, subject to institutional norms and guidelines, issued from time to time.
6. A student opting for Major + Minor specialization combination shall opt for Foundation Courses / Enrichment Courses / Alternative Study Credit Courses ONLY in lieu of Generic Elective (GE – IL) Courses.
7. Institutes may stipulate additional criteria of minimum SGPA / CGPA, number of backlogs, expectations about specific graduation discipline for students who wish to take up a specific specialization / specific major-minor combination. Such criteria may also involve the potential employability criteria for a particular specialization / Major + Minor specialization combination.
Options & Guidelines for Choice of Specialization:
1. Students can opt for a single specialization (i.e. Major Only – 5 choices)
2. Students can opt for a two specializations (i.e. Major + Minor Combination – 1(Major) + 8(Minor) choices)
3. Specializations which are offered ONLY as MINOR shall be offered in SECOND YEAR ONLY. (4 choices)
4. Courses for the Minor specialization shall be taken up in the second year ONLY (in either Sem III or Sem IV or in a combination of Sem III and IV).
5. The Major specialization of a student shall be determined by the Subject Core (SC) courses and the Subject Elective (SE – IL) courses chosen in Sem II.
6. All courses (Subject Core (SC) courses and the Subject Elective (SE – IL) courses) chosen in Sem II shall belong to the same specialization.
7. The learners shall generally complete 6 Subject Core courses (2 each in semester II, III, IV) and 7 Subject Elective courses (2, 3, 2 each in semester II, III, IV respectively). In this case he /she shall be awarded MBA (Functional Area Specialization) degree, e.g. MBA (Marketing), MBA (Finance), etc.
8. The learners shall complete 4 Subject Core courses and 5 Subject Elective courses of Major specialization and 2 Subject Core courses and 2 Subject Elective courses of Minor specialization. In this case he /she shall be awarded MBA (Functional Area Specialization Major + Functional Area Specialization Minor) degree, e.g. MBA (Marketing
+ Finance), etc.
This is all about MBA specializations in Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management & Entrepreneur Management, Varale, Pune. In case of any query related to MBA specializations, feel free to contact us.